Sunday, May 8, 2011

simple things

simple things

I promised a while back that I'd share a project I knit with my superwash merino sock yarn. (A long while. Ahem.) It happens to be one of the same skeins of yarn that is pictured in that post - the wonderful grey/black color. I've been on a real grey kick for the past year or two, which means that most of my wardrobe is now grey or black. I love it, still, but I think I'm starting to feel ready to add some color... Anyway, this isn't it! But it's lovely nonetheless.

simple things

It's the Simple Things shawlette and the pattern is just delightful. It is, indeed, simple. I managed to knit the entire thing in...only...two and a half months. Which, honestly, is pretty darn good for me these days! Had I not had a wee babe to care for, I probably could have knocked the thing out in just a couple days. But it was perfect baby knitting - easy enough to pick it up and put it down due to the simple stockinette stitch. Even the eyelet motif was nothing complicated - an excellent introduction to a cute little lacy bit for beginners or a nice, easy, mindless (yet still cute!) bit for more experienced knitters. Or those with tiny children about.

simple things

The superwash merino sock yarn works very well with this pattern. It's super soft and has a wonderful drape. I wear it around my neck when it's cool but not freezing and it has never bothered me. It's quite stretchy and takes abuse well - my daughter has pulled on it multiple times and it doesn't get disfigured! The softly changing color ranges from dark grey to light grey to nearly white in places and matches just about everything I own.

simple things

Head over to see my project on Ravelry or check out some of my sock yarn!

simple things

No comments:

Post a Comment